Tokyo – Leading classification society ClassNK has released printed versions of its 2016 Rules and Guidance for the Survey and Construction of Steel Ships.
ClassNK regularly reviews and revises its technical rules and guidance in order to ensure that they are relevant and up-to-date. The 2016 edition contains requirement amendments made between 1 January 2015 and 31 December 2015 related to:
- Structural strength of container carriers
- Fire safety measures for vehicle carriers transporting motor vehicles powered by compressed hydrogen or compressed natural gas
- Welding procedures and related specifications
- Material factors of rolled stainless steel and stainless clad steel plates
- Propeller shaft and stern tube shaft surveys
- Propeller shaft condition monitoring systems
- Means of escape from machinery control rooms and main workshops
- Scope of application of fire-resistant cables
- Installation positions of fixed hydrocarbon gas detection systems
Printed versions are available for purchase on the ClassNK website by clicking on the link below:
CD-ROM and PDF versions are scheduled to be made available in late June. PDF versions can be viewed online by registered ClassNK “My Page” users. Registration for “My Page” is easy and free. Just go to the ClassNK website (http://www.classnk.com/hp/en/index.html) and click on “My Page Login”.